BioEmission Technology Solutions, Greece
BioEmission Technology Solutions is a fast-growing Greek SME, which aims to bridge the gap between ex vivo studies and in vivo molecular imaging by providing cost-effective solutions in terms of instrumentation and services. The company was established in 2013 and already participates in six recently-funded Horizon 2020 projects. BioEmission Technology has developed «β-eye” and “γ-eye”, two unique planar-PET and scintigraphic imaging bentchtop systems. It provides imaging services on national level and continuously upgrades its imaging equipment and facilities. The company owns a micro-CT and micro-SPECT, while the purchase of a micro-PET is scheduled in 2018. It has facilities for radiolabeling and animal hosting and is located at the Technical Park of “Demokritos Research Center” in Greece.
Role in POLYTHEA:
- Members of the Superviory Board
- Leader of WP7 – Inter-sectorial applications (Human Health and Food Security) – In Vivo Level
- Supervisor of ESR 4, supervisors of secondments on nano-system labelling and in vivo imaging requirements and protocol design
Key publication (5 max):
- A prototype PET/SPET/X-rays scanner dedicated for whole body small animal studies
Maritina Rouchota, Maria Georgiou, Eleftherios Fysikopoulos, Eirini Fragogeorgi, Konstantinos Mikropoulos, Panagiotis Papadimitroulas, George C. Kagadis, George Loudos, Hell J Nucl Med 2017; 20(2): 146-153.
- Characterization of “γ-Eye”: a Low-Cost Benchtop Mouse-Sized Gamma Camera for Dynamic and Static Imaging Studies
Georgiou M, Fysikopoulos E, Mikropoulos K, Fragogeorgi E, Loudos G, Molecular Imaging and Biology, 19 (3), 398-407. 6 2017.
- Collagen-based scaffolds and Non-Invasive SPECT/CT Bone Defect Pre-Clinical Imaging
Fragogeorgi, M. Rouchota, J. Daich, M. Georgiou, P. Bouziotis, G. Loudos. European Association of Nuclear Medicine (ΕΑΝΜ) 2017. October 21 – 25, 2017. Vienna, Austria.
- Assessment of low energy X-rays for high density nanoparticles imaging
Rouchota Maritina, Loudos George, Papadimitroulas Panagiotis, Kagadis George. 27th Interdisciplinary Research Conference on Injectable Biomaterials and Interventional Procedures (GRIBOI), 18-21 May 2017, Athens, Greece.
- Versatile quarto stimuli nanostructure based on Trojan Horse approach for cancer therapy: Synthesis, characterization, in vitro and in vivo studies
Efthimiadou, E.K, Fragogeorgi, E., Palamaris, L. Karampelas, T., Lelovas, P., Loudos, G., Tamvakopoulos, C., Kostomitsopoulos, N., Kordas, G., Materials Science and Engineering C Volume 79, 1 October 2017, Pages 605-612.