Lígia Catarina Gomes-da-Silva has a degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences (2006) and a PhD in Pharmaceutical Technology (2012) conferred by the University of Coimbra, Portugal.
Post-doc activities have been conducted at the Lab of Prof. Luís G. Arnaut (University of Coimbra, Portugal) and Lab of Prof. Guido Kroemer (Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France). Her scientific activity is focused on photodynamic therapy, cell death mechanims, immunogenic cell death and development of targeted nanoparticles/drugs for cancer treament.
She is author/co-author of 16 international peer-reviewed publications (cumulative impact factor ~ 100), 3 book chapters and 1 patent (PCT/EP2014/057446). Moreover, she has participated in several national and international meetings where she presented her work, either in the poster format or as oral communication.
Role in POLYTHEA:
- Member of the Supervisory Board
- Leader of WP6 – Inter-sectorial applications (Human Health and Food Security) – In Vitro Level
- Supervisor of ESR 6, 8 and 9
- Elimination of primary tumours and control of metastasis with rationally designed bacteriochlorin photodynamic therapy regimens. Luis B. Rocha, Lígia C. Gomes-da-Silva, Janusz M. Dąbrowski, Luis G. Arnaut, Eur J Cancer, pii: S0959-8049(15)00496-7, doi: 10.1016/j.ejca.2015.06.002, June 2015.
- Combinatorial strategies for the induction of immunogenic cell death. Lucillia Bezu*, Lígia C. Gomes-da-Silva*, Heleen Dewitte, Karine Breckpot, Jitka Fucikova, Radek Spisek, Lorenzo Galluzzi, Oliver Kepp, Guido Kroemer. Front Immunol, 24;6:187, doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2015.00187, April 2015. *Equally contributed to this work.
- Simultaneous active intracellular delivery of doxorubicin and C6-ceramide shifts the additive/antagonistic drug interaction of non-encapsulated combination. Nuno A. Fonseca, Lígia C. Gomes-da-Silva, Vera Moura, Sérgio Simões, João N. Moreira, Journal of Controlled Release, 196(2014), p. 122-131, doi: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2014.09.024.
- Efficient intracellular delivery of siRNA with a safe multitargeted lipid-based nanoplatform. Lígia C. Gomes-da-Silva, Yolanda Fernández, Ibane Abasolo, Simo Schwartz Jr, José S. Ramalho, Maria C. Pedroso de Lima, Sérgio Simões, João N. Moreira, Nanomedicine (Lond), 8(9):1397-413, doi: 10.2217/nnm.12.174, February 2013
- Lipid-based nanoparticles for siRNA delivery in cancer therapy: paradigms and challenges. Lígia C. Gomes-da-Silva, Nuno A. Fonseca, Vera Moura, Maria C. Pedroso de Lima, Sérgio Simões, João N. Moreira,. Accounts of Chemical Research, 45(7), p. 1163-1171, doi: 10.1021/ar300048p, May 2012.