He obtained his PhD in 2008, in the University of Limoges (France), under the direction of Prof. Jean Feuillard (MD, PhD). During his PhD, he has acquired some skills in Oncology and Cell Biology (cell culture, confocal microscopy, flow cytometry,…). He was recruited as Lecturer in 2009, in the Laboratory of Chemistry of Natural Substances (LCSN EA1069, University of Limoges), which has changed name and now called Laboratory PEIRENE EA7500. He was recruited, in the one hand, to perform the biological evaluation of Analogues of nucleosides and Photosensitizers for antitumoral therapy and, in the other hand, to perform the physico-chemical characterization of biopolymers of cell wall of probiotic bacteria and their role in the interaction with host cells.
Currently, his research topics focuses: (i) on the design and biological evaluation of conjugates by grafting antimicrobial peptide to photosensitizers (porphyrin, chlorin,…) for antimicrobial treatments (PACT, PhotoAntimicrobial ChemoTherapy), and (ii) on the development of antibacterial surfaces (textiles, food packging,…) by grafting biocides onto cellulose to limit the formation of bacterial biofilms.
He is author or co-author of 25 research papers in peer-reviewed journals, 1 book chapter and 1 international patent.
Role in POLYTHEA:
- Co-supervisor of ESR 7
- Photostability and photobactericidal properties of porphyrin-layered double hydroxide-polyurethane composite films.
Merchán, M., Ouk, T.S., Kubát, P., Lang, K., Coelho, C., Verney, V., Commereuc, S., Leroux, F., Sol, V., Taviot-Guého, C. J. Mater. Chem. B, 2013, 1, 2139-2146.
- Synthesis and photobactericidal properties of a neutral porphyrin grafted onto lignocellulosic fibers.
Jean Kerim Nzambe Ta Keki, Tan-Sothéa Ouk, Rachida Zerrouki, Pierre-Antoine Faugeras, Vincent Sol, François Brouillette. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2016, 62, 61-67.
- Enhanced Photobactericidal and Targeting Properties of a Cationic Porphyrin following the Attachment of Polymyxin B.
Florent Le Guern, Vincent Sol, Catherine Ouk, Philippe Arnoux, Céline Frochot, and Tan-Sothea Ouk. Bioconjug Chem., 2017, 28(9): 2493-2506.
- Enhancement of photobactericidal activity of chlorin-e6-cellulose nanocrystals by covalent attachment of polymyxin B.
Florent Le Guern, Tan-Sothea Ouk, Karine Grenier, Nicolas Joly, Vincent Lequart and Vincent Sol. J. Mater. Chem. B, 2017, 5, 6953-6962.
- Lysine analogue of Polymyxin B as a significant opportunity for photodynamic antimicrobial chemotherapy.
Florent Le Guern, Tan-Sothea Ouk, Catherine Ouk, Regis Vanderesse, Yves Champavier, Emilie Pinault, and Vincent Sol. ACS Med Chem Lett., 2017, 9(1): 11-16.