She obtained her PhD in 1996 in Nantes, under the supervision of G. Dasulsi, on “Elaboration and properties of calcium phosphate ceramics obtained using sintering or dynamic compaction. Contibution to the study after implantation”. She was recruited as a lecturer in the University of Limoges in 1998, and obtained her HDR (habilitation to supervise research) in 2002.
From 1996 to 2008, she worked on the development of solid pharmaceutical forms (mainly tablet) with optimized final properties (flow properties, comprimaility, solubility, dispersibility…). From 2008 to 2015, she joined the SPCTS UMR 7315 research team to develop porous calcium phosphate bioceramics for local drug delivery applications. Two ways to create porosity have been explored :
– the use of a porous agent (particles of starch) that could be eliminated during a thermal treatment.
– the carry out of heterocoagulation process to obtain structures with multi-scaled controlled porosity. (ANR financial support BiocerPorDDS and BiocerPorDDS2)
Two types of drug substances were investigated for this kind of association:
– ibuprofen, an AINS that can contribute to the treatment of inflammatory pathologies such as rheumatoid arthritis or spondyloarthropathies
– tetracycline hydrochloride, an antibiotic which can be used for the treatment of bone infections.
In 2015 she joined the LCSN EA 1069 (now PEIRENE EA 1075) to build nanoparticles using the emulsification-gelification process.
Role in POLYTHEA:
- Co supervisor of ESR 5
Key publication (5 max):
- Ibuprofen-loaded calcium phosphate granules : combination of innovative characterization methods to relate mechanical strength to drug location
Chevalier, M. Viana, S. Cazalbou, L. Makein, J. Dubois, D. Chulia
Acta Biomaterialia, 6, 266-274 (2010) IF=4.822
- b-TCP porous pellets as an orthopaedic drug delivery system : ibuprofen/carrier physico-chemical interactions
Baradari, C. Damia, M. Dutreih-Colas, E. Champion, D. Chulia, M. Viana
Sci Technol Adv Mater, 12, 1-10 (2011) IF=3.226
- Calcium phosphate porous pellets as drug delivery systems : effect of drug carrier composition on drug loading and in vitro release
Baradari, C. Damia, M. Dutreih-Colas, E. Laborde, N. Pécout, E. Champion, D. Chulia, M. Viana.
J Eur Ceram Soc, 32 (11), 2679-2690 (2012) IF=2.574
- Hydroxyapatite microporous bioceramics as vancomycin reservoir: Antibacterial efficiency and biocompatibility investigation
Parent, A. Magnaudeix, S. Delebassée, E. Sarre, E. Champion, M. Viana Trecant, C. Damia
J. Biomater. Applications, 31(4), 488–498 (2016) IF=1,988
- New colloidal fabrication of bioceramics with controlled porosity for delivery of antibiotics
Ploux, M. Mateescu, L. Guichaoua, J. Valentin, J. Böhmler, K. Anselme, E. Champion, N. Pécout, R. Chotard-Ghodsnia, M. Viana.
J. Mat Sci, 51, 8861-8879 (2016) IF = 2,302
- Design of calcium phosphate ceramics for drug delivery applications in bone diseases: A review of the parameters affecting the loading and release of the therapeutic substance
Parent, H. Baradari, E. Champion, C. Damia, M. Viana-Trecant.
J Control Rel, 252, 1-17 (2017) IF=7,786