He obtained his PhD in Limoges in 1997, under the direction of Pr. P. Krausz, about the synthesis and characterization of new glycosylated amino acid porphyrins derivatives for cancer photodynamic therapy. He was recruited as a lecturer in September 1998 and joined the Laboratory of Chemical Natural substances –LCSN EA 1069 (University of Limoges). In 2009-2010, he joined the Pr Grahame MacKenzie to the University of Hull- (UK) to develop functionalization and characterization of a new biomaterial: the sporoporellin exine shells derived from plant spores. In September 2011, he became Professor and took the lead of LCSN and in January 2018, the direction of a new laboratory : the PEIRENE EA 7500 laboratory.
His research interests focus on the synthesis and design of new photosensitisers for anticancer and antimicrobial phototherapy. This topic can be divided in two themes:
- Synthesis and design of photosensitizers with targeting agents. In this topic, he has synthetized and characterized different photosensitisers (porphyrins and chlorins) functionalized by polyamines, peptides (RGD, anti VEGF sequences), sugar or nanoparticles in order to target selectively cancer cells or bacteria.
- Photophysical and biological evaluation of these photosensitizers. In this part, he has shown that these different photosensitizers were able to produce singlet oxygen and studied the biological activities of these compounds to understand the cell death pathway in vitro and in vivo.
Role in POLYTHEA:
- Supervisor of ESR 5, co-supervisor of ESRs 1 and 3
- Synthesis, Spectroscopy and Photocytotoxicity of Glycosylated Amino Acid Porphyrin Derivatives as Promising Molecule for Cancer Therapy.
V.Sol, J.C.Blais, V.Carré, R. Granet, M. Guilloton,M. Spiro, P. Krausz.
Journal of Organic Chemistry.64, 6 ,4431-4444, (1999)
- Design and efficient synthesis of a new scaffold based on unsymmetrical protoporphyrin IX derivatives for use in SPPS.
M.E. Bakled, V. Sol, R. Granet, G. Déléris,K. Estieu-Gionnet, P. Krausz
Chemical Communications, 46, 2115-2117, (2010)
- Triazinyl porphyrin-based photoactive cotton fabrics: preparation, characterization and antibacterial activity.
Cyril Ringot, Vincent Sol, Naïma Saad, Matthieu Barriere, Philippe Bressollier, Pierre Couleaud, Céline Frochot, Robert Granet, Pierre Krausz
Biomacromolecules 12, 1716-1723, (2011)
- Chlorin-PEI-labelled cellulose nanocrystals: synthesis, characterization and potential application in PDT
Drogat Nicolas; Granet, Robert; Le Morvan, Caroline; Begaud, Gaelle; Krausz, Pierre, Sol Vincent
Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters 22, 3648-3652, (2012)
- Enhanced photobactericidal and targeting properties of a cationic porphyrin following attachment of Polymyxin B
Florent Le Guern, Vincent Sol, Catherine Ouk, Philippe Arnoux, Céline Frochot, Tan-Sothea Ouk.
Bioconjugate Chemistry 2017, 9, 2493-2506.