Some supervisors and ESRs attended and their work at the World Congress on Light and Life (17th Congress of the International Union of Photobiology and 18th Congress of the European Society for Photobiology), from August 25th to 30th.
- Nidia Maldonado-Carmona (ESR7) gave a talk entitled « Acetylated lignin nanoparticles as a vehicle for photosensitizers in Antimicrobial Photodynamic Treatment
- Harry Sample (ESR6) presented a poster entitled « Bioconjugatable, Long Wevelength Absorbing gem-Dimethyl Chlorins: The Continual Search for Superior Photosensitizers »
- Zoi Melissari (ESR2) presented a poster entitled: « Design and synthesis of new photosensitizers with optimized photophysical properties for application in photodynamic therapy »
- Piotr Gierlich (ESR9) presented a poster entitled: « Covalently cross-linked tetrafunctionalized M-THPC chitosan hydrogels as delivery platforms »
- Mathias Senge gave a tak on slow release singlet oxygen generating endoperoxides for photomedical applications
- Stéphanie Lhez gave a talk entitled « Using lignin for antimicrobial PhotoDynamic Treatment »